Flying Lotus Announces Feature Film “Kuso”

Flying Lotus’ debut short film Royal premiered over the weekend at Sundance NEXT Festival. Those who were lucky enough to attend the festival got their very own customised barf bag inscribed with the movie’s title. Judging by the teaser we saw last week, it’s very possible some viewers had to use theirs.

Today on Twitter FlyLo announced that Royal was “just one piece” of a much larger more ambitious full length feature film titled Kuso, described as “pretty much everything [he’s] afraid of.”

FlyLo has “been steady filming low key this year,” and the movie is “65% done.” To finish off the other 35% FlyLo has put the call out for the people of L.A. to help him. “Please reply to @BRAINFEEDER with links to work and reels. We need all types of help esp. n post [production].”

In case, like me, you are also afraid of what ‘Steve’s’ movie might entail, fans can look forward to a new album that he ‘plans’ to release along with the film. The album will include his rap alias Captain Murphy. Kuso will include new music from Aphex Twin, Thundercat, and Akira Yamaoka (the composer behind the Silent Hill video game series).

Flying Lotus also Tweeted that he tried to get Dave Chappelle to appear in Kuso, but “shit got too spooopy.” Read all the Tweets below.

Image: FactMag