Howl & Echoes is expanding and we’re looking for new writers to join our amazing team. Interested? Read on…
Howl & Echoes is an Australian music website, founded in November 2014. We write news, reviews, interviews and more related to all things music, focusing on hip-hop, as well as electronic, indie, rock and more.
What we’re looking for:
- Passionate, vibrant, talented folks who love writing, music and writing about music.
- Witty writers with a personality that shines through your words
- Hip-hop heads
- Music lovers with a passion for hip-hop, R&B, grime, electronic, indie & rock
- Experience not necessary but strong spelling and grammar skills are important
- People who can commit half a day per week minimum
- Budding writers who value quality over clickbait
- Writers who wanna make a difference: we write a lot about social and cultural issues that relate to music.
What you’ll do:
- Features: artist features, investigations, opinion pieces based on daily news, humour, etc
- Reviews: albums, singles, EPs, concerts, festivals etc.
- Lists & playlists
- News: informative, interesting and up to date music news
We know that work/uni comes first. Ideally, we love our writers to commit to a half day (~4 hours) per week, but we’re flexible around study and job commitments. Basically, if you commit to an story or deadline, please stick to it.
We’re also looking for a social media intern. Social media is an extremely important aspect of any online publication, and we’re looking for a keen, upcoming wiz who knows Facebook, Twitter and Instagram like you were born to do it.
Are you a photographer or filmmaker? We’re always looking for more audiovisual content. If you’re interested in live photography, photo shoots, video interviews and more, get in touch.
Unfortunately we can’t pay you (or ourselves), but you’ll get free review tickets for gigs/festivals, free music and interview opportunities – and we can offer internship credit for students. Most of all, you have the unique opportunity to be part of a growing site and to watch it flourish. We’ve got a close-knit, passionate and hilarious team, we’re growing bigger every week, and we want you to join us.
If this sounds like you, get in touch now! Please email lauren [at] howlandechoes [dot] com with a little about yourself, the music you love and some writing examples if available.