Perth band The Love Junkies have had a cracker of a year so far. After setting SXSW alight with their rocking tunes, they’ve now come home with a new song and a new tour to show everyone here what they learnt across the pond. Titled I Had A Party Once, it’s a tune about a “shitty romance and all the repercussions,” says lead singer Mitch McDonald. “Bad decisions made under the influence always make for good song writing.”
Already a few dates into their national tour, The Love Junkies head to Brisbane tonight before wrapping up in Sydney and Melbourne over the weekend. Set to be one hell of a party at each show, we asked the band to give us the low down on their must-have items for their ultimate party survival guide. Check out their answers below, and keep these in mind for your next party (especially the dog).
1. Always bring a puppy – the ultimate wingman. Especially if it can skateboard
2. King size rollie papers – to roll massive durries for all your friends.
3. Swag (both kinds) – for looking cool AND sleeping.
4. Aux chord – because no one ever has one and then you get to control the music and play all your favourite power ballads from the 80s.
5. Manners – so you can ask politely for another export craft beer when yours have run out.
6. 10 bucks worth of goldies – so you can buy 1 can of overpriced export at the closest sickest dive bar after all the beers have run out, and the cops have come to bust up the party.
The Love Junkies tour dates
Thursday May 26th – Brisbane QLD – Black Bear Lodge
with Walken and Deluso
Friday May 27th – Sydney NSW – Brighton Up Bar
With Maids and BadTooth
Saturday May 28th – Melbourne VIC – The Workers Club
With Skyways are Highways and Ohms
Tickets available via venues or www.thelovejunkiesmusic.com