I was recently introduced to Leon Osborn, one of the more exciting electronic upcomers in the country right now. Having just signed to Perth’s Pilerats, his unique, experimental sound is eerie, intricate and completely mesmerising.
Don’t believe me? Check this out right here:
When you listen to something that detailed and expansive, I can’t help but wonder about the influences and personal taste of the artist behind to sound. We investigated a little further by asking Leon to share some of his favourite tracks with us. And boy, are they good.
- My favourite track to wake up to is… Mr Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra
- The best track for cooking is… As many beats by Knxwledge as it takes you to cook that cous cous.
- The best track for spring cleaning is… CVD, Meeting The Neew. CVD’s stuff is great even when you’re not spring cleaning. (Listen here)
- The ultimate road trip track is… 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins, of course.
- My favourite love song is… That’s Not Me by The Beach Boys!
- The best track for sweet love makin’ is… Lapalux – Puzzle feat. Andreya Triana, the track is made purely of love.
- The track that always gets the party started is… Bruv by Cassius Select makes me want to party.
- The best track to wind down a crowd is… Apparently Mumdance – Take Time feat. Novelist. I think it’s a masterpiece that should get a crowd excited but whenever I’ve played it out people seem to ‘wind down’.
- My favourite drunken karaoke track is… Springsteen – Born To Run
- My favourite song to sing in the shower is… Here by Pavement.
- A song that always makes me cry is… If I listen to the entirety of Slow Waves by Submerse I’m usually in tears by the end. It’s just so fresshhhhhh
- I love going to sleep listening to….. Nanou2 by Aphex Twin – I left it playing on repeat a couple of nights.
- I can’t stop dancing when I hear…. Pleasure by 123Mrk
And here’s (almost) the whole lot in a handy playlist just for you: