Jungle Jams is hitting Sydney on FRIDAY! Get on down to the Captain Cook Hotel in Paddington for a cheap drink or two, and to support local upcoming bands. More details about the event below. For now, the spotlight is shifting over to Yeah, Nah, making their Jungle Jams debut along with us on Friday. Sit back, relax, and get to know them a little better:
- Thanks for doing this Q&A! What are you up to today?
- What are the three most important things we should know about you?
– All of our songs are just Mariah Carey songs transposed, with the lyrics translated via Google into Mandarin, then back into English, 30-40 times.
– Our original band name was Nah Yeah, but we discussed it and Jewis said “Nah, but Yeah Nah probably sounds better than Nah Yeah, Yeah?”, and then I said “Yeah but Nah Yeah is kinda cool. Nah, Yeah Nah is better”. Yeah.
– We were all born at the exact same time,16:20. Spooky, right?!
- When did you first start playing music? How did it all begin?
Many moons ago, and we began said quest for the express and singular purpose of minge-obtaining.
- How did your current project get started?
Jewis and I jammed for about 7 years without a bass player thinking we were tha bizness. Then we got a bass player and we realised we were not, in fact, tha bizness. Which brings us to the present day. We’ll leave it up to you guys to decide whether or not we are, actually, tha bizness.
- Tell us about the first gig you ever played…
We played our first ever gig to Jewis’ dad, Cliff. Upon completion of the first song, Cliff paused, contemplating, and pronounced “needs more melody”.
- What are some of your biggest musical influences?
Matchbox 20, Tiny Tim
- If you could collaborate on a song with anyone, who would you choose and why?
Probably Dolly Parton, cause she just seems like a fun lady. I think we would have a nice, enjoyable afternoon of songwriting and joke-making together.
- What can we look forward to from your set at Jungle Jams?
- What have you got planned for the rest of 2015?
We wish to be the face of Revlon. And Dom wants to marry/kiss/grovel at feet of T-Swizzle (Swifty. AKA Taylor Swift). Whichever comes first.