Jungle Jams is SO SOON! In collaboration with Jungle Studios, our monthly event will showcase exciting upcoming Sydney bands. For more info on the event and to win free tickets, click here.
Every month we’ll be introducing you to some of the best new bands around. We’re very excited to share with you some more info about your very first headliner, the wonderful BOW & ARROW.
- Thanks for doing this Q&A! What are you up to today?
Writing new songs, listening to the rain and dreaming.
- What are the three most important things we should know about you?
LOVE. VIBE. BEATS.
- When did you first start playing music? How did it all begin?
We were hooked at a very young age. Essentially it began in the womb.
- How did your current project get started?
We met at The Sydney Conservatorium of Music and after many years playing for other Artists, we decided to combine our powers. It started with a kiss, our name Bow and Arrow, and a crazy intense week of creative explosion.
- Tell us about the first gig you ever played…
We supported a local Sydney Artist at The Vanguard and played to a confused audience… Our crazy vibe didn’t really suit the bubble gum pop headliners… but we dished out our flavour and the only feedback we received was “Ummm….. it was epic.”
- What are some of your biggest musical influences?
Radiohead, SBTRKT, Aretha Franklin, Massive Attack, Portishead, David Bowie, Pink Floyd, Frank Ocean, Debussy, Mozart, Sly And The Family Stone, Prince, The Acid, Jai Paul….. we could go on forever.
- If you could collaborate on a song with anyone, who would you choose and why?
Any of the above! If we had to choose one, we’d go with David Bowie because he is a creative being and true Artist that can dominate any genre and still be interesting and have a point of view.
- What can we look forward to from your set at Jungle Jams?
Live, we aim to invite the audience into our ‘lounge room’ where we build songs rotating on different instrument stations. You can expect big ballsy vocals, tribal rhythms mixed with modern electro beats, weird gadgets, funky guitars, live sampling, looping and a whole lot of heart!
- What have you got planned for the rest of 2015?
We will be releasing our first single Midnight and its accompanying film clip directed by Ryan Kwanten shot here in Sydney. Coming up in March we have some big live gigs in Adelaide for Spirit Festival and Adelaide Fringe. We always put some time into creating music together too.