I’ve recently been introduced to New York artist Julietta, via her brand new single Conquest. I included the sultry track in our weekly playlist, and you can read my full single review over here. The track features on Julietta, real name Julia Libani’s new EP, also titled Conquest.
Considering the sultry sound of her music, we wanted to get to know a bit more about her favourite music – so we asked! But before you check out the playlist, I highly recommend you give her EP a listen. Along with Conquest, Goosebumps was released as a single.
– My favourite track to wake up to is… I definitely have a couple, SZA is super chill and she has a track called Julia that (other than the fact that it’s my name) is super uplifting to me for some reason. I think it’s the melody and her voice – sounds like she’s singing to me. Summer time sadness by Lana is a classic that I love – always no matter what. A song called OOO AAA by Cathedrals is super energizing for the morning, makes me shake while rummaging through my closet. Other great morning tracks are Clair de Lune by Flight Facilities, The Morning by the Weeknd. I need some energy in the morning and inspiration. These are some songs that give me those feelings.
– The best track for cooking is… Often by the Weeknd – he rocks and I love a good sensual dance when I cook. Know Yourself by Drake, Tuesday ft Drake, We Up by 50 Cent, Money Trees and Poetic Justice by Kendrick, No Role Models and G.O.M.D by J Cole. – I love listening to hip hop when I cook, dancing around the ingredients and in between the stove and the fridge!
– The best track for spring cleaning is… Casanova By Denitia and Sene, Pulsing (ft Nina K) by Tomas Barford, Our Love by Caribou, High and Low by Tove Styrke, Shoot and Run and Open Season by Josef Salvat, I Wonder by Rodriguez, Staring at the Sun by TV on the Radio, Fuck Em Only We Know by Banks, Flashed Junk Mind by Milky Chance. Sometimes cleaning can be soothing with the right playlist. These songs definitely facilitate that feeling.
– The ultimate road trip track is… Candy by Paolo Nutini, Save Tonight by Eagle-Eye Cherry, Mr Jones by Counting Crows, Dreams by The Cranberries, She’s So – High by Tal Bachman, Problems Problems by Frankie, Stunner by Milky Chance, Stick by Banks – my favourite part of road trips are singalongs, so definitely throw backs and some of my new favourites.
– My favourite love song is… You Should Know Where I’m Coming From by Banks, Dice by Finley Quaye, Thank You by Dido, Addicted to You by Avicii, I Gave it All by Aquillo, Work Song by Hozier, Where I Stood by Missy Higgins.
– The best track for sweet, sweet lovemaking is… Let’s Stay Together by Al Green, High For this by The Weeknd, The Hills by Weeknd, Water Me by FKA twigs, Banks by Rococode, Made to Love by John Legend.
– The track that always gets the party started is… Hey Ya by OutKast, I Know There’s Gonna Be (Good Times) By Jamie XX, Stole the Show by Kygo, I Don’t Fuck With You by Big Sean, Ignition by R. Kelly, Send It Up by Kanye West, Help Me Lose My Mind by Disclosure.
– The best track to wind down a crowd is… True Thoughts by Parra for Cuva, Mind Doodles by Alec Troniq, No Diggity by Chet Faker, Instant Crush by Daft Punk, Open by Rhye, California Dreaming by Bobby Womack
– My favourite drunken karaoke track is… Any Sam Smith song, any 90’s throwback, In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins, Lucky Ones by Lana del Ray
– My favourite song to sing in the shower is… The Heat and Julia by Jungle, Layla by Eric Clapton, Counting by Autre Ne Veut, Drop the Game by Flume, Killing Me Softly by The Fugees,
– A song that always makes me cry is… Everybody Hurts by R.E.M, Angel Gabriel by Lamb, He’s Simple He’s Dumb He’s the Pilot by Grandaddy.
– I love going to sleep listening to… Sia‘s albums We Are Broken and Some People Have Real Problems are two that I’ve been listening to since I was in college. Such a beautiful calm voice that I start to dream when my head hits the pillow and her sound enters my ears. Specifically I’m In Here and Beautiful Calm Driving. Another group that is my go to for passing out is London Grammar – their album If You Want, what a soothing voice!! Specifically Wasting My Young Years and Night Call, and Nuvole Bianche by Ludovico Einaudi.
– I can’t stop dancing when I hear…. Ain’t Worried About Nothing by French Montana, Money Grabber by Fritz and the Tantrums, 10 Bands by Drake, Night Rider by Major Lazer, If I Can’t by 50 Cent, Love Me by Lil Wayne, Hands on the Wheel by Schoolboy Q, River by Ibeyi, King Kuta by Kendrick Lamar, I Know by Big Sean.