Melbourne’s Hayden Calnin has been on a steady rise over the past couple years. His 2014 single Comatose sent his lovely soul-infused music throughout radio airwaves and the live stage, gathering him adoring fans throughout the country.
On March 29, Hayden will be playing at the Peninsula Picnic, a huge celebration of music, food, wine and more, on the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria. Internationally renowned chefs and sommeliers will be on board to tantalise your taste buds, while some of the country’s best musicians will be in tow to make sure your ears are as happy as your stomach. Alongside Hayden will be Paul Dempsey, The Waifs, Tinpan Orange and The Pierce Brothers.
We asked Hayden to share some of his favourite songs with us:
- My favourite track to wake up to is… Frightened Rabbit – Holy (Alt Version)
- The best track for cooking is… Daughter – Medicine
- The best track for spring cleaning is… Tom Day & Monsoonsiren – Elegaic
- The ultimate road trip track is…. Vance Joy – From Afar
- My favourite love song is… James Vincent McMorrow – Red Dust
- The best track for sweet love makin’ is… Airling – Wasted Pilots
- The track that always gets the party started is… The Kite String Tangle – Stone Cold
- The best track to wind down a crowd is… Bon Iver – Calgary
- My favourite drunken karaoke track is… Blink 182 – All The Small Things
- My favourite song to sing in the shower is… SOAK – b a nobody
- A song that always makes me cry is… S. Carey – Fire Scene
- I love going to sleep listening to….. S. Carey – In The Stream
- I can’t stop dancing when I hear…. M83 –Midnight City
Listen to the tunes here!
Click here for details on Peninsula Picnic!