From buckets of raw broccoli to a small child to serve water (if you’re reading this, you know who you are), some rider requests can make you spit-take and double-take before you’ve even reached the end of the list.
Usually, it ends with a big X across the list and a note that says “chips and dips, bro” but when it comes to some of the requests Future Music Festival gets, well, I’m thinking that maybe a gold frame is more appropriate. And maybe a troll detector.
Here they are, in all their glory. Future Music Festival’s Top 10 Bizarre Rider Requests. Without naming names, of course. That would just be tactless.
- A particular duo has requested for a bisexual goldfish, of all things. We’re not exactly sure why, but maybe it just has more flare than a regular goldfish.
- Fortunately, even while touring, these guys still care about the environment. So much so that they have requested for two large trash cans, a recycling bin and reusable plates to use.
- A well-known American DJ had asked for a framed picture of himself to be placed in his dressing room. There’s no reason to not love yourself when you’re that famous.
- This DJ has always been one of the biggest trolls in the industry. Be careful, because his rider list includes the promoter’s girlfriend’s phone number, a replica of Indiana Jones’s whip and a piñata full of candy!
- This next one may be kind of cute. This DJ’s request for heart-shaped balloons seems pretty harmless but what’s next on the list? Waitress outfits!
- Some people travel with their pets but this artist likes to travel exotically by having a parrot that’s trained to say his name.
- We are all for riding in style and making a grand entrance. This world-famous DJ prefers his ride to be either a Bugatti Veyron or a Porsche Spyder. Classy indeed.
- Having all the furniture removed and replacing them with your own may be overdoing it, but what’s more comfortable than having your own stuff with you?
- One of the more elegant things to be requested is to have a professional violinist play while this artist eats his cheese plate.
- Lastly, an infamous moombahton and dancehall DJ requested for a bonfire pit in his dressing room to add more sizzle while on tour!
While I’d like to think that if I were an internationally renowned musician, I would be the type to demand environmentally friendly rubbish bins, I know that part of me would probably be tempted to make like Narcissus and have a framed portrait of myself backstage. Just for the lols though. Promise.